GrandView Aviation is Maryland’s largest private jet and helicopter operator & was listed on Inc 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies in the US list in 2017. This is your opportunity to work for a highly-respected and rapidly growing company that values teamwork and has a passion for customer service.
Our Finance Manager opening is a full-time position that reports to the Managing Partners and serves as the financial advisor to management on issues including budget; audit; revenue and expenditures; investments; internal and external financial risks. The Finance Manager leads our customer service-oriented accounting department that supports our sales and operations departments.
• Coordinate and oversee all accounting processes and ensure all financial information, including P&Ls, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Statements are in compliance with appropriate Federal & State regulations and in accordance with US-GAAP.
• Coordinate annual operating plans and budgets and prepare financial reports for investors and members.
• Enhance the flow of financial and operational information; ensure best practices, and maintain internal controls.
• Oversee audits and tax filings for 3 LLCs
• Develop a system that provides the organization with quick access to financial information, enables strategic budgeting, and exceeds best practices.
• Inform and advise the management team on financial matters relevant to the governance of the organization, and on short- and longterm strategic financial decisions.
• Lead financial planning and analysis, internal controls, budget development, fiscal management and Investment planning.
• Effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders including clients, investors, employees, and regulators.
• Review contracts and legal agreements to ensure the firm’s best interests are represented, that legal compliance is in full-force, and that contractual terms meet organizational goals while minimizing the firm’s liability.
• Constantly monitor and supervise financial checks and balances.
• 5-10+ years’ leadership experience in an accounting department or other financial environment
• Knowledge of aviation business/aircraft or high-value asset accounting strongly preferable
• Leadership presence and ability to work well with the Chief Executive Officer, management team and staff.
• Excellent communications and analytical skills, and ability to craft reports tailored to a wide variety of audiences
• Ability to present written and oral financial information at senior management meetings.
• Excellent organizational and decision-making skills, with a history of prioritizing work for staffs and departments, and ability to motivate and lead a team.
• Experience with computerized financial systems, preferably Sage
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field; CPA certification required
Salary commensurate with experience – apply below!