Why Your Next Summer Vacation Should Be at the Mountains
Many people's go-to vacation spots are sunny, tropical beaches, but mountain destinations are also an alluring place to stay during the summer. With a plethora of outdoor activities, stunningly scenic views, bustling entertainment hubs and luxurious accommodations, mountain vacations are exciting, relaxing and memorable all at once. Whether traveling alone, with your partner or with your family, booking a trip to a mountain destination may be the ideal way to spend your holiday.
If you wonder why tourists visit the mountains instead of tropical islands, explore the diverse benefits of this location to see why. Here are some of the top reasons you should consider the mountains for your next vacation.
Mountain destinations help you get away from your busy daily life, but that doesn't mean there's nothing to do. In fact, the mountains are the ideal place to pursue an outdoor adventure. These fresh-air activities can be fun for the whole family, too. If you long for crisp alpine air, rugged beauty and exhilarating physical activity, the mountains are the perfect place for your next summer vacation.
Consider adding some of the following to your itinerary for ample fresh air:
- Hiking: One of the best ways to appreciate a breathtaking summit is to hike it. Mountain destinations like the Adirondack High Peaks offer scenic trails that wind through forests, summits and breathtaking waterfalls. Mountain hiking offers something for everyone, whether you're an aspiring or avid hiker. Many destinations also give you the chance to encounter local wildlife.
- Fishing: If you have a longtime passion for fishing or want to start, visiting the mountains may be the best way to get your fill. Mountain vacation spots are full of beautiful rivers and lakes brimming with fishing opportunities. When on vacation, there's nothing better than casting a line, kicking back and enjoying a moment with nature.
- Whitewater rafting: For a truly unique mountain adventure, try whitewater rafting in an alpine river. Many mountain destinations are by whitewater rapids that offer exhilarating physical activity for you and your family. Whether you're familiar with rafting or looking for a new experience with nature, you'll make plenty of memories while whitewater rafting in the mountains.
- Zip lining: If you long to feel the rush of fresh air on your face and view the mountains from a breathtaking perspective, try zip lining on your next vacation. Lounging on the beach is great, but it may get old. For a truly memorable vacation, you can't beat zip lining above the rugged beauty of a mountain range.
Mountain vacations can include more than outdoor adventures, with plenty of other opportunities for fun and relaxation. After a long day of activity, you can relax in upscale accommodations or continue the adventure with entertainment and nightlife. Here are some of the activities you can enjoy while vacationing in the mountains:
- Spas: There's no better place to unwind than in a spa surrounded by pristine, natural beauty. Mountain resorts like The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe offer a luxurious spa experience including massages, spas, steam rooms, pools and more. If wellness and relaxation are your priorities, a mountain vacation may be just what you need.
- Dining and shopping: It may seem unexpected, but the mountains are also a great place to dine and shop. Discover a diverse food scene on your mountain vacation that includes organic, sustainable options as well as anything else you might be craving. Many mountain destinations also feature unique shopping experiences with plenty of clothing stores, outdoor outfitters and keepsakes and crafts made by local artisans.
- Arts and entertainment: With one-of-a-kind arts and crafts, live music, film festivals and more, you can experience amazing arts and entertainment while vacationing in the mountains. For example, a stay in Sun Valley, Idaho, might include a walk around the Sun Valley Arts and Crafts Festival, a juried showcase of independent artists' paintings, sculptures, photography, jewelry and more.
- Nightlife: On a mountain vacation, you can pair fresh air and tranquility with nightlife that never quits. A trip to Lake Tahoe offers evening activities like gaming at casinos, dancing at nightclubs, sipping award-winning wine and beer and attending live music shows.
While vacationing in the mountains, be sure to take a moment to take it all in. You'll be surrounded by beautiful alpine peaks and some of the most breathtaking vistas you may ever see. Mountains offer you an opportunity to slow down, pause and find peace. Experiencing the mountain's natural scents, sounds and rhythms lets you disconnect from the fast-paced modern world and get the most out of your vacation.
Even better, the mountain views are available in any season, not just summer. In the fall, you can watch the landscape transform and change color. In the winter, the snow-covered mountaintops are a wonderful sight to behold. Be sure to snap pictures for photo albums, though you can also disconnect and enjoy a moment with nature. Pausing to let the mountaintops spark joy and wonder is one of the greatest benefits of going to the mountains.
The mountains can become crowded during some holidays, but compared to other destinations, they allow you peace and tranquility. Free from the noise and light pollution of cities, the mountains offer fresh air and clear nighttime skies, perfect for stargazing. Mountain towns also give you the chance to escape the hustle and bustle of your daily life and slow down for a while. Compared to popular tropical vacations, you'll have plenty of room to breathe and won't have to deal with large crowds of tourists.
Your family will relish the quality time to spend together without thinking about their busy lives. If you want to meet new people, you'll also have plenty of chances to do so. You can head to live music shows, explore art festivals and experience bustling nightlife at your mountain destination.
Request a Quote From GrandView Aviation
You may not have considered it before, but vacationing in the mountains can make for the best times of your life. Fresh-air adventures, luxurious relaxation, unique activities and endless nightlife mean there's something for everyone in the mountains. Best of all, you can pause at any moment to enjoy being away from the crowds and surrounded by refreshing natural wonders.
To enhance your vacation further, consider booking a reliable and comfortable private jet charter flight. Contact us today at GrandView Aviation to request a quote and get one step closer to the mountains.