Reduce the Risk of Spreading Germs and Viruses by Flying Private
As we cope with the COVID-19 pandemic, regular travel brings a host of worries. Concerns about cleanliness and proper mask usage create many travel hesitations. And commercial airplane travel produces even more anxieties. The enclosed space allows germs and viruses to spread more quickly, and it isn't easy to know how your fellow travelers will respond to safety protocols. Additionally, airlines have canceled thousands of flights at the last minute due to staff shortages and coronavirus incidents.
Choosing a private airline over a public one eases many of these concerns. Since 2020, private flights' popularity has increased, while commercial flights experienced a dramatic drop in interest. Without the crowded terminals and squashed seating arrangements, you avoid many opportunities for virus transmission. Private and charter flights are altogether much safer than commercial ones.
Here are some ways private airlines reduce the spread of viruses during flights.
You significantly reduce the number of touchpoints you encounter when you fly privately. Touchpoints are places where you interact with another person or area that might encourage the spread of germs or other viruses.
You won't experience any long security lines or crowded terminals. Instead, you and a few passengers have an intimate boarding process with less hassle. Without the busy commercial airport experience, you lower your exposure to potential viruses and germs. This procedure makes for a much safer trip.
Here are more ways that private flights reduce touchpoints:
- You know everyone on the plane: You usually know most of the people on your flights when you use private charters. If it's a business trip, you will probably fly with your team members, or if it's a family trip, your flight would consist of just you and your family. You won't interact with any unknown travelers who could spread germs. Instead, your relationship with the other passengers allows you to know their safety habits and feel safer on the flight.
- You won't have to stand in lines: Lines are often troublesome for virus transmissions. The long rows of tightly packed people provide many opportunities for germ spread, and airports are full of lines, from check-in lines and security lines to restaurant lines and bathroom lines. These areas are large touchpoints, with viruses spreading easily between travelers. You avoid all these areas with a private flight and instead board privately with your fellow passengers. You will likely only encounter your pilot and the other passengers.
- High-touch areas get much less use: Hundreds of passengers might walk through the plane and touch chairs and overhead compartments on a commercial flight. The high amount of contact might prevent a complete cleanse even with intensive cleaning measures. On a private flight, the lack of passengers allows for a thorough clean between flights. Fewer passengers use the plane, so high-touch areas have much fewer germs.
Additional Sanitation Efforts
Flight crews on private flights engage in increased safety efforts for their passengers. With less traffic, staff members have more opportunities to cater to individual needs while onboard. They can also more thoroughly clean the seats and aisles. Private airlines' additional cleaning measures create much safer trips by reducing microbes and potential transmissions.
These are some of the sanitation efforts that increase private jet safety:
- Complimentary face masks: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends masks to slow the spread of many viruses, including the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. Many private charters provide free masks for your trip so every passenger has one if someone accidentally forgets their mask. Most airlines require all flight crew members to wear masks during flights. Intentional mask-wearing protects passengers and employees from virus transmission.
- Temperature checks: A high fever indicates sickness. Many private airlines require regular temperature checks from employees and staff hours before takeoff to combat this. When they detect a high temperature, the member leaves the flight before they can spread anything to passengers.
- Heavy-duty cleaning procedures: Employees ensure the private flight is as safe as possible by using intensive cleaning practices. Private airlines use high-quality cleaning materials and thoroughly clean cabins between every flight. They also replace magazines and newspapers for each flight to reduce transmission. Additionally, many private charters use disposable silverware and plates instead of reusing dishware.
With concerns about virus transmission running high, many want to know about the air quality on planes. Cabins on airplanes are usually tight, enclosed spaces, and so many people sharing one area allows for a quicker spread of germs. Commercial flights may have many more passengers, but private flights still consist of these enclosed spaces.
However, private airlines use high-quality air systems to ensure high air quality for passengers. Here are two examples:
- HEPA filters: A high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter is an air filter intended for mechanical vehicles like airplanes. Designed to filter out 99% of germs, dust and bacteria, HEPA filters provide passengers with safe air quality during flights. These filters effectively stop large and small particles from circulating in the cabin. Some filters also prevent odors and fumes from entering planes. Typically, HEPA filters create an entirely new batch of air every three minutes.
- 100% fresh air system: This system propels outside air directly into the airplane cabin. It sterilizes and compresses the air before allowing it to enter cabin areas. The intensive sterilization process guarantees clean air.
These systems increase air quality during private flights and decrease the risks of virus transmission by filtering out potential pathogens.
Additionally, wearing masks reduces the spread of viruses while on private flights. The exceptional air filtration systems coupled with masks create a fresh and risk-free trip.
Request a Quote From GrandView Aviation Today
When you fly privately, you cut out many of the common problems with commercial flights. You get more privacy and comfort than commercial planes can provide when you fly on a private jet. When it comes to private jet safety vs. commercial jet safety, private airlines provide an overall safer flight with reduced exposure to airports and travelers.
At GrandView Aviation, we understand the health concerns that accompany regular air travel. Our high-quality charter jets take out all the hassle of a commercial flight, including the mass exposure to other travelers. We offer reliable, on-demand flights with a fleet based across the United States, and our flights prioritize your safety with our Part 135 FAA certification and ARGUS Gold distinction. Our private charters offer free Wi-Fi and allow pets onboard, hoping to make your trip as comfortable as possible.
If you're ready to fly safely and luxuriously, request a quote from GrandView Aviation today. We look forward to hearing from you and creating the best journey possible.